Belk, Inc. Sales Team Manager in St. Augustine, Florida
Sales Team Manager
St. Augustine, FL, United States
Job Id#: 20658
Date published: 13-Mar-2018
Back to Job List
Position Summary:The Sales Team Manager reports to the Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager and ensures the uniform execution of the selling function within their store. The Sales Team Manager position is an exempt position.
Sales & Customer Service
• Meets or exceeds area sales goals through the training, coaching and managing of their sales associate staff. Ensure that sales associates understand the stores selling expectations along with our corrective action process. STM’s need to be able to perform all register functions when assisting customers.
• Provides training, coaching, and communication of our Relentless Customer Care program with the sales associate staff, to insure associates exhibit the key behaviors needed in delivering relentless customer care. Address RCC customer alerts within 24-48 hours.
• Motivates and coaches sales associates to meet or exceed credit goals
• Ensure that sales events and price changes are executed and signed according to company directive.
• Ensure shrinkage control in their area through the continual management of associates.
• Ensure that clientelling efforts meet store expectations. Train and coach associates on the features and benefits that clientelling can produce. Focus on specialized areas: Polo, Better Sportswear, Brighton, Ladies Shoes
• Ensures that National Sales Events are being driven by sales team goals. Ensure that sales associates clearly understand the importance of pre-sale events, as well as grass root events.
• Executes company and division directed floor sets
Merchandising & Presentation
• Works with the visual team to ensure that sales associate standards training takes place on a regular basis, and that new-hires participate in this training once they come on the sales floor.
• Works with the OTM to ensure that ROCC the Dock preparations prior to truck days are being executed as needed.
• Works in conjunction with the OTM and visual coordinators, where appropriate, to support overall merchandise presentation of the store.
• Ensures that a daily sales floor recovery plan is in place
• Ensures that dressing rooms are being maintained to the audit and LP standards.
• Maintains a safe shopping and working environment.
Selling Team Development and People Management
• Recognizes associate performance and motivate sales associates to improve sales and customer service.
• Recruits, interviews, select and retain quality associates and ensure all positions are filled in a timely manner.
• Ensures that status checks are being completed on a monthly basis. Utilize the status check as a way to monitor total sales associate performance. Coach associates to achieve expectations and goals.
• Provides effective coaching to improve performance of all area sales associates.
• Utilizes the corrective action process and or the monthly status checks to document and coach poor performers.
• Utilizes the Belk boards to communicate upcoming activities as well as store achievements and results.
• Maintains a high level of store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the selling area.
• Works with Lead Scheduler to develop weekly schedules that match staffing to customer traffic and sales. (workload planning)
Customer Service Lead Assignment
• Drives customer service during assigned period.
• Opens and closes the store, including weekends, as needed
• Approves select point of sale transactions such as returns and voids, when needed to serve the customer.
• Resolves customer service issues as needed.
The STM is expected to assist with the non-sell tasks to the overall benefit of the store, particularly during times of peak demand periods.
• Receiving and ROCC the Dock process
• Price change management, and merchandise return management
• Maintenance and housekeeping management
• Remote monitor stores – must complete loss prevention duties
• Understands and be able to use all building operating systems
• Follow all policies and procedures related to loss prevention and safety – such as floor sweeps.
• Use safety equipment at all times in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Support the review and execution of the store internal audit processes, as it relates to the STM functions.
Education & Experience:
• Four-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in retail management.
• Proficient in computer business-related computer equipment and software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc).
• Excellent supervisory, analytical and reasoning skills.
• Ability to use computer keyboard, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
• Must be able to lift between 10 lbs to 72 lbs at floor level and/or team lift when necessary
• Ability to push or pull 100 lbs to 500 lbs carts to sales floor
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to twist, bend and stoop to retrieve items from floor, shelves, racks, and hooks and place items on floor, shelves, racks and hooks
• Ability to work at a safe and steady pace.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedure
Back to Job List