HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Scheduler in Orange Park, Florida
Job Summary – The Scheduler is responsible for scheduling patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and entering in the scheduling or registration system; obtaining and entering accurate insurance information; answering incoming phone calls.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Answer incoming calls in a timely and professional manner
• Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical and medical testing/procedures through the applicable scheduling module (i.e. Meditech)
• Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network
• Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
• Ensure that any edits are performed in the scheduling module
• Ensure physician orders are indexed appropriately
• Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
• Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
• Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
• Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
• Utilize appropriate method/tool to communicate with Patient Access and other facility departments as necessary
• Edit medical accounts to appropriate status per facility or SSC standards and guidelines –
• Receive, maintain, and index physician orders per facility and SSC standards and guidelines
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
One year of related experience required, preferrably in a medical office, hospital, or outpatient facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High school diploma or GED required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Shared Services - Orange Park
Requisition ID: 08945-147662